IDC & VR Innovation Academy
8800 Viborg, Denmark
The Danish Interactive Digital Center (IDC) is a partnership between VIA University College, Viborg Municipality, and EON Reality. The IDC will build on the local gaming and animation community that Viborg has cultivated and help position VIA University College and Viborg as a leading location for AVR development in Europe.
The center provides access to state-of-the-art Virtual Reality showroom, development lab, and a VR Innovation Academy. VIA University College will host the IDC’s VR Innovation Academy where engineering students and animation students can specialize in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality development, coding, modeling, and animation. The students will gain access to the IDC’s showroom, development lab, and test facilities, and they will learn from EON Reality’s expert AR and VR teachers.
Apply for Training
Next Sessions: February & August 2020
Join the Software Technology Engineering specialization in AR/VR at the VR Innovation Academy. The VRIA, located at the IDC, offers high-quality teaching, the opportunity for internships, interdisciplinary and international projects as well as unique access to the latest AR/VR technology, motion capture, and the option to be full-body haptic VR suit certified.
- General knowledge on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality
- Project management tools and techniques while working on AR and VR immersive projects
- Development of 2D and 3D visual assets
- Motion capture and certification in the Tesla haptic full-body suit.
- Modelling, Texturing, Rigging and Animation of the assets for AR and VR applications
- Interactive application development basic and advanced
- Scripting and programming techniques within interactive application development
- Development and deployment of the VR applications for immersive systems
- Creating mobile 3D applications with VR and AR functionality
- Collaborative work in multi-skilled groups e.g. with students from The Animation Workshop
- Student’s individual development path via experience working on projects
- Idea promotion and incubation of the creativity
- Mentoring to assist with CV preparation and interview skills for possible recruitment with EON Reality or beyond