IRVINE, Calif., May 1, 2013 – EON Reality, the world’s leading interactive 3D software provider, today announced the release of the next generation immersive and interactive 3D authoring tools, EON 8. The new software includes expanded CAD and 3D data import support, improved interactivity, and support for additional VR devices.
EON 8 improves the rendering performance by up to 30 times faster on a given graphic card and can handle extremely large file sizes, up to 16 terabytes.
EON software has expanded its scalability to more than 20 publishing formats i.e. the same content can be used on different interactive 3D displays, from a tablet to an immersive Icube solution. EON 8 can now also be displayed on mobile platforms. Users can create stunning, highly interactive content with millions of polygons using EON Studio that can be published on Android or iOS mobile device.
«EON 8 reflects our commitment to provide the business, education and edutainment markets with the tools they need to improve communication, interactivity and knowledge transfer – from simulation based learning and safety training, to the creation of interactive 3D materials that provide highly realistic immersive experiences anytime, anywhere,» said Mats W. Johansson, CEO, EON Reality, Inc.
Major features with EON 8 include:
- Highest Visual Quality – new shadow effects, fur shading and caustic effects – i.e. physically correct lights and shadows
- Effective Handling of Large Datasets, 64 bit support – native ability to handle extremely large files that are up to 16 terabytes (or 16384 gigabytes), subject to RAM availability
- Improved Rendering Performance – the multi-threaded rendering pipeline is now highly optimized to scale with multi-core CPUs and with a new heavily modified render engine it is now possible to render up to 30 times faster than before. The new engine can also dynamically combine small objects into bigger batches, to increase rendering performance on the fly.
- Faster loading time – the model loading time has been highly optimized using huge real-world data sets, to make it possible to load bigger data much quicker than before.
- Innovative Interaction – New methods for multi-person interaction are included in EON 8. This enables the creation of new innovative multi-user experiences without the need for wearable devices or additional touch screen interfaces.
- New import formats – EON 8 now supports importing latest version of native SolidWorks and DWF-3D formats.
- Enhanced level of detailing – with support for seamless fading between levels.
- EON Raptor update – added support for 3ds max 2013 & 3ds max Design 2013 and improved the Revit->EON workflow using user-customizable material script conversion.
For more technical information on how EON 8 enhances EON Reality’s products, visit EON 8 technical sheet.
About EON Reality
EON Reality, Inc. is the world’s leading interactive 3D visual content management and Virtual Reality software provider. EON Reality provides state-of-the-art 3D display technology for immersive and stereoscopic viewing, from portable tablet PCs and glass free stereo display systems to curved-screen and immersive rooms consisting of multi-channel projection walls. The technology foundation for developing interactive digital content includes importing the most common 3D animation formats into EON’s authoring software and creating modules and applications that can be viewed on various display systems. EON’s technology solutions enable all organizations to more effectively visually communicate, collaborate and accelerate knowledge transfer. For further information, visit www.eonreality.com.