VR Innovation Academy
Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8008, Japan
The VRIA will develop local experts that will provide the needed capability and capacity in the field of Augmented and Virtual Reality solutions to the dynamic Kansai region — the second largest economic region of Japan. As the former capital of Japan, Kyoto maintains a rich cultural history while also serving as the home for rapidly growing industries such as animation, media, healthcare, and more.
The VR Innovation Academy will conduct educational training programs led by international XR experts and also provide access for local businesses and entrepreneurs to implement effective XR solutions as part of the Industry 4.0 movement. The VRIA will also offer opportunities for local colleges and universities to experience the latest XR solutions for both academic and vocational training.
Apply for Training
Next Session Begins: April 12, 2021
Stage 1: Theoretical and practical training – 12 weeks
- General knowledge on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Project management tools and techniques while working on VR and AR immersive projects
- Development of 2D and 3D visual assets
- Modeling, texturing, rigging and animation of the assets for EON-XR applications
- Scripting and programming techniques within basic and advanced interactive application development
- Development and deployment of the EON-XR applications for immersive systems
- Creation of mobile 3D applications with EON-XR functionality
- Publishing applications for Android, iOS and for EON-based educational platforms
Stage 2: Project based training – 12 weeks
- Collaborative work in multi-skilled groups
- Understanding the role of teamwork and collaboration in global companies while producing digital content.
- Individual development path via experience working on projects
- Project Placement and Agile Project Management techniques such as Scrum and Kanban
- Idea promotion and incubation of creativity
- Team building exercises
- Mentoring and entrepreneurship development