Kansas City, MO
IDC & VR Innovation Academy
5110 Rockhill Road, Flarsheim Hall
Kansas City, MO 64110
University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Computing and Engineering, Kansas City’s only accredited school for engineering and computer science, has partnered with EON Reality to establish a VR Innovation Academy and Development Lab. The VR Innovation Academy teaches the skills needed to be successful in creating AR and VR content and applications for industry and training. Additionally, the center includes a Development Lab where students, entrepreneurs, and local businesses in Kansas City can access state of the art interactive 3D technologies from wearable AR devices to large scale immersive showrooms. This center of excellence pushes Kansas City to the forefront of the growing industry of VR and AR.
Apply for Training
Next Session: AUGUST 24, 2020
The VR Innovation Academy (VRIA) is a gateway to the dynamic and exciting world of Augmented and Virtual Reality (AVR) occupations and applications. This course is a dynamic, rigorous, learning experience that engages learners in hands-on, immersive learning activities as content developers in the field of augmented and virtual reality.
Those completing the VRIA have a strong foundation to build upon in order to adapt to this ever changing field. Are you ready for the AVR Challenge?
Theoretical & practical training
- General knowledge on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality
- Project management tools and techniques while working on AR and VR immersive projects
- Development of 2D and 3D visual assets
- Modelling, Texturing, Rigging and Animation of the assets for AR and VR applications
- Interactive application development basic and advance
- Scripting and programming techniques within interactive application development
- Development and deployment of the VR applications for immersive systems
- Creation mobile 3D applications with VR and AR functionality
- Publishing applications for Android, iOS and for EON Studio based educational platforms