Augmented and Virtual Reality (AVR) for industry uses in Japan is expected to skyrocket thanks to the partnership between AVR Japan and EON Reality.
Currently, the AVR market in Japan is taking a turn from gaming giants (like SONY for hardware and GREE for software) to move towards education and enterprise markets.
As a result, AVR Japan is redefining Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and everything between the two through their partnership with EON Reality (add this only in version on JP web). Current uses of AVR for enterprise consist of:
- Employee training programs instead of traditional training methods
- Safety and compliance training (such as line worker training at meat processing plants)
- Air Force defense simulations for in-flight and maintenance training
- Technician training in energy and industrial sectors
- Service technician training to provide remote support, avoiding unnecessary dispatches
- Virtual projections for assembly in manufacturing and medical
- Hands-free virtual map of HVAC systems for management and maintenance
- Using Augmented Reality to enable Digital Twins
REQUEST A DEMO
Being one of the few leaders of AVR technology in Japan, it is imperative to specify benefits of using AVR solutions for enterprise training
Benefits of using AVR solutions for enterprise training includes, but is not limited to:
- Higher fidelity solutions which are more compelling for trainees
- Portability to provide training whenever and wherever needed
- Improve customer experience and decrease service costs
- Improve asset reliability and predict failure before it happens
- Minimize employee turnover and seasonal spikes
- Resource conservation
According to a study by The Service Council on the feasibility of AR for the service enterprise, 41% of incomplete service visits would benefit from the use of live video or AR sessions. The same study also found that 72% of respondents were already using or evaluating AR, so the technology’s deployments have proven to be widespread.
Given the demand for AVR technologies in enterprise, large simulation systems and other bulky hardware is less common. Many enterprise users need a mobile solution, something light-weight, and portable, which is why head mounted displays (HMDs) and mobile AVR are booming.
ENQUIRE ABOUT THE AVR PLATFORM TODAYThe future of AVR technology in Japan has never been brighter, and thanks to EON Reality’s partnership with AVR Japan, it figures to continue growing for years to come.